Get Paid Hwy: Search Engine Optimisation - Get Paid Hwy

Webmaster Forum Rulez

Posted ImageNO Referral or Self-Promoting Links Allowed Here!
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Search Engine Optimisation

#1 User is offline   nightfall 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members_Lvl2

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi everyone,

Have anyone actually gotten an SEO expert to get their site optimised so that it gets ranked well on search engines like Google?

From my limited readings some of the things one can do to help your site do better in these rankings is but not limited to:

- Have your URL shown clearly ;
- in articles that you write and submit to article directories
- in slides that you make and submit to slide directories
- in Blogs that you comment on
- in other similar websites either as links or perhaps in their guest books

- Use SEO software like webposition to help make your site more search engine friendly, and optimise the amount of keywords that are used in your tags and content.

The above are just some ways of improving your SE rankings. If you have any tips, please feel free to share them!

Cheers!
For just $47, you will learn how the experts do it! - I did!
Get your FREE "7 Hidden Principles Of Super Affiliate Marketing!" Report NOW!

#2 User is offline   puravida 

• GPT Emperor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Location0

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

I think -so far- a lot of members here at GPH are not so big into SEO (except for me), but I would like to have more SEO-minded individuals join here.

Perhaps the "Webmasters" part of the forum should be enhanced a bit and have a section on SEO added under it. I will give it some thought.

Also, it would be interested to know if there are other, new members here who are into SEO and marketing online --aside from just using PTC/PTR sites to promote.

-Brandon
ShrinkTheWeb - The most powerful & reliable fully automated website screenshot provider

#3 User is offline   igetmoney 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

I am into SEO and would of been into it more if UWP didn't shutdown due to a TOS Violation. I do know I am working on getting a site to the top and learning about pagerank and such. I know a little but probably am not a master like you Brandon. Maybe you could contact me personally and we could discuss some things.
Do you want to make money online? Membership is %100 free. Get started in about 8 minutes. Pick your own hours. Nothing to buy. Easy to understand & learn. Online Support Available.
http://itsallaboutoffers.com

#4 User is offline   puravida 

• GPT Emperor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location0

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

View Postigetmoney, on Jan 13 2008, 04:16 AM, said:

I know a little but probably am not a master like you Brandon.

:animalsmiley037:

Maybe you could contact me personally and we could discuss some things.

Sure. What timezone are you in?

I'm absolutely booked (way behind, actually) on a couple of projects this weekend and this week, but I can give you a call next weekend sometime --if that works for you. Just PM me your number and we'll talk. :)

Ciao,

Brandon
ShrinkTheWeb - The most powerful & reliable fully automated website screenshot provider

#5 User is offline   igetmoney 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Wow, that was very quick. I'm on EST and I'm up a little later than I should be:) I definitely will give you my information. I bet you are busy and please, contact me whenever you have some free time. I do not wish to interfere with any of your businesses.
Do you want to make money online? Membership is %100 free. Get started in about 8 minutes. Pick your own hours. Nothing to buy. Easy to understand & learn. Online Support Available.
http://itsallaboutoffers.com

#6 User is offline   nightfall 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like something is brewing here.. :animalsmiley037:

Do let me know if I can partake in any thing that can be mutually beneficial.

Cheers.

#7 User is offline   puravida 

• GPT Emperor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location0

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

View Postnightfall, on Jan 13 2008, 07:41 AM, said:

Do let me know if I can partake in any thing that can be mutually beneficial.

Will do.

I was thinking of getting a group together for a social networking project, but the primary demographics of this board probably wouldn't be interested. Since I see there is a growing niche of more webmaster-focused people here, this might be something to consider.

In the meantime, be checking out StumbleUpon (http://www.stumbleupon.com) and start building your account. StumbleUpon was founded in 2001, and I was one of their first advertisers back in the day (circa late 2002), but they just didn't have the traffic and I didn't see the point. Now, it appears I missed the boat on that one. I remember Justin LaFrance used to work with me on getting my campaigns going, and now he's probably so rich that he wouldn't bother with an email. I know that the founders sold StumbleUpon in May of 2007 to Ebay for $75,000,000 USD. So, that explains why there is no longer any communication with members, emails go unanswered, and bugs I reported remain unfixed. It's too bad.

Anyway, I digress. StumbleUpon (and some of the other social networking sites) are great ways to generate real traffic -if done right.

We should collaborate more on this and other topics. I am leaning more and more to carving out a dedicated section on the forum for this. There is a webmaster area now, but please make any suggestions on how to turn that into something more useful for those in our niche of webmaster, design, and marketing.

Ciao,

Brandon

#8 User is offline   nightfall 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:39 AM

I second that.

This area is still a niche, despite growing number of such sites, I believe its a matter of how it is modelled and marketed.

Count me in. I am working on a simple site now, and will let you know more about it when its ready.

Regards

#9 User is offline   puravida 

• GPT Emperor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location0

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

Ok, I've modified the forum a little bit and expanded a new "Webmasters / Site Owners" forum area to have some sub-topic areas.

I am moving this thread under the "Search Engine Optimization" sub-topic for relevance and organization, now that it exists. :bearwub:

Ciao,

Brandon

#10 User is offline   Geenie 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

View Postnightfall, on Jan 10 2008, 06:21 AM, said:

Have anyone actually gotten an SEO expert to get their site optimised so that it gets ranked well on search engines like Google?

Nope..

I do this myself.
I got pretty experienced in this in time and i am sure i can do better. For now i do the search engine optimization myself because if i pay someone to do it for me - i would be broke! :)
It's very expensive and if someone else can do it - so can I :D

It's not that hard, really.. it does take up a lot of time, but it's worth it.. i still have time to kill :D

#11 User is offline   netguy 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

I also do it myself. A good way to rank well is to also work on the "on site SEO". We can submit the site to thousands of directories, but it's also important for the pages to be optimized. Here are some of my ideas for on site seo:

1. titles and description meta tags (even keywords, even if some say they are useless now) separate for each page.
2. the layout is div only, as "clean" as possible
3. images named with the keywords
4. alt tags and title tags (images and links) with the descriptions and keywords I want to rank.

#12 User is offline   puravida 

• GPT Emperor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location0

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

View Postnetguy, on Jan 29 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

(even keywords, even if some say they are useless now)

I agree. Every little bit counts :thumbup:

#13 User is offline   netguy 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, that's what I also say ..

There is a constant argument over this: keywords are or not useless, but in the end it takes me 1 minute to write few relevant ones. Why be careless and lazy when the effort is so small :D

#14 User is offline   Workguy 

• GPT WannaBe
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

I believe that the content is important when you are doing the SEO. I mean how could you get someone to read your blog if you don’t have any topics that would stir the interest of your readers.

Aside from content, you also have a link to relevant sites. Let’s say that your topics are about celebrities, you must find a site that has the same topic as celebrities.

#15 User is offline   KaranS 

• GPT Noobie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

Include a site map page. Spiders can’t index pages that can’t be crawled. A site map will help spiders find all the important pages on your site, and help the spider understand your site’s hierarchy. This is especially helpful if your site has a hard-to-crawl navigation menu.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sites that may be related to this thread:

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)